Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dresser Facelift!

Let me start off by saying that I've always wanted to re-finish furniture.  It's so awesome the things that you can do!  When I went to re-do my kids' room I thought it the perfect chance to try it out!

So...here's what you need to get started:
1.  A dresser ;)
2.  A hand sander is preferrable (it makes things go a lot faster)
3.  Sand paper in 3 grades: Heavy grit, Med. grit, fine grit.
4.  Paint (any kind really...I used reg. wall paint from Lowes...spray paint is a lot easier to work with though!)


Step 1:  Remove all the hardware and drawers from the dresser.  Make sure you are working in a well ventilated area.



Step 2:  Start with the heavy grit sand paper and start sanding!  The heavy grit is great to remove the original finish.  Work your way down to the fine grit paper...that will make the surface nice and smooth and ready for the painting!



Step 3:  PAINT!  Have fun with it!  Let everything have time to dry.  (Notice the great table clothes I used!  A great find at Walmart!)



 Step 4: Put everything back together.



And Voila!  You have yourself a brand new piece of furniture that you can enjoy!


I hope that you have fun with this one!  It really isn't that hard to do if you have the desire to do it!  GO HAVE FUN!


Much love!
                 Kimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...